Thursday 9 June 2011

Bike to Work Year

Wednesday June 8, 2011
Finally biked to work.  Took me *four minutes to get into Comox, five to get out, four to cross dike road and lastly seven minutes along cliff avenue for a total of 20 minutes.  Pretty damn sweet. The bike ride was gorgeous:  beautiful weather and the towns of Courtney and Comox are pretty ideal for biking.  One brutal hill, both directions, lots of straight flat riding either around slow moving cars or with a bike lane.  Might look at Google Maps and try to figure out a cool way of biking along the shore, rather than on the main drag.
Jason, the apprentice version, was not working with me so I got to do all of the work that was asked of me by Doug.  This involved working by myself to route another data line, helping to detach a couple of gigantic metal-working three phase machines and installing a punch of plugs and outlets.  We also used a King Canada oscillating multi tool.  Ugh.  The Fein is so much superior.  This was to get through the four layers of drywall, and 18” total depth of wall to route the big cable for the much bigger compressor.
Talked with the Mr. Jay waters about getting a key to the tool shed, and signed the T1’s and the slip saying I was going to pay for my tools.  He was very helpful in regards to me riding a bike to work.  Doug was less generous, but I guess that’s because it effects him directly.  And he’s just jelly [sic].
After the ol work and another 20 minute cycle home I watched Canucks lose another game, astonishingly 4-0, that ties the series at two games apiece.  Good times watching hockey.  After that we played a few minutes of badminton, I swing all wrong, so I am going to be feeling it in the morning.  But it was fun.  I like My aunt and uncle.  Makes me think I should give my other ones a call.  And I guess my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment